Uniden 536 is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC5TOO

I have a question.... I went out of town for 5 day and turned off my 536. When I returned and turned it on all I see is a blank screen and the on/off switch doesn't work properly. I have disconnected it from power and turned it back on and still a blank screen. I turned if off and the screen is still on but blank. Does anyone have a clue what's wrong with it?

SCPD

QRT
idea

I have a question.... I went out of town for 5 day and turned off my 536. When I returned and turned it on all I see is a blank screen and the on/off switch doesn't work properly. I have disconnected it from power and turned it back on and still a blank screen. I turned if off and the screen is still on but blank. Does anyone have a clue what's wrong with it?

Did you leave it plugged in?May have taken a power surge? If the switch is bad maybe someone knocked it over on you .......WIL-MA!
Try take out the SD card and rehitting it with the Sentinel software
rewrite everything to it.

If that dont work,try plug in and out a few times the transformer,maybe you can wake up the microprocessor.

JamesO

Possible your wall wart is dead??

Since the scanner comes with a 12 Volt DC pigtail cord, I would use the pigtail cord and find a 12 Volt source, even if you pop the hood on your car and just temporarily hold the wires on the battery to see if the scanner powers up, this will rule out the wall wart.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
And just for the heck of it, I'd plug the USB cable in and hit the "E" button. Count to 20 (just giving the scanner time to write to the SD card).

Then do a "Read from scanner" and edit the profile. Go to the Display options tab and look at the contrast value (wouldn't hurt to cross your fingers at this point). If you are lucky the contrast could be at 0 or other low value and that's the reason you aren't seeing anything.

This might be a "Hail Mary" however.

KC5TOO

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have a 436 and to the SD Card out of it and plugged it into the 536 and the scanner started working. Put the 536 SD Card in the 436 and it would not work. I replaced the SD Card and the scanner is working. I am not sure why the SD Card went bad but that was the problem.

SCPD

QRT
sd card

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have a 436 and to the SD Card out of it and plugged it into the 536 and the scanner started working. Put the 536 SD Card in the 436 and it would not work. I replaced the SD Card and the scanner is working. I am not sure why the SD Card went bad but that was the problem.

I have to tell you my 536 had the same issue,replaced stock card.
436 card corrupted ,same thing.
So you do the math,they got a deal on Bum Sd cards.

JamesO

KC5TOO & k2ool, Please post your SD card experiences in this thread as I am trying to get folks to post what they are seeing so it can be determined if there was a bad batch of SD cards and/or scanner specific issues.

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...report-x36hp-sd-card-problems-corruption.html

Each day that goes by there are more and more SD card issues popping up.

HIGHLY suggest you make a clone card and tape it inside the battery door of the 436HP or on the side or bottom of the 536HP. Will cut your downtime if a card goes bad in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.