Uniden 536 no longer works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneg

So I dug my 536 out of the closet that it's sat in for over a year to sell it.

I figured i'd update it and whatnot ahead of time.

I put a memory card in it, turned it on, SD card error, whatever, put another card in, same, then another, same. Then I plugged the USB cable in.

The drive shows up in Windows 10, it says on the screen "USB Mass Storage".

Any idea why it doesn't show up in Sentinel? Click refresh over and over and nothing. I read back on some older topics and downloaded and older driver and that didn't work either. I followed some other links to Unidens page to download a driver as well, didn't work.

I went into an VM for windows 7, it didn't work either. I downloaded ARC 536 as well because in another topic, someone said that fixed their issue...It didn't fix mine.

Any ideas what to do would be great, I want to sell this and not have it as a paperweight.

Also, I ran the programs with Admin privileges and with the anti virus off just in case.

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
Did you try the clear user data for the sd card? If not try that under the scanner tab to reset the sd card.

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
My guess would be the sd cards not working with your scanner but I really cant say. Maybe someone else can help.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
you mean clear user data from within the program? I did that but it doesn’t detect the 536 to even do that.

what scanner tab?

In the clear user data box, check the “display all drives” to show the card.

daneg

In the clear user data box, check the “display all drives” to show the card.

This worked. somewhat. It shows up. I selected clear user data. I then "wrote to scanner"

Pulled the UBS cable: SD Card File error, use sentinel to clear user data to initialize sd card

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The card may be going bad. Once they start giving you errors, they often don't stop.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Is the card error message showing on the scanner display, or in Windows/Sentinel?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Then either you fed the unit 5 bad cards (unlikely, but theoretically possible), or the card slot is not making proper contact with the card for some reason. Maybe dust or dirt got in?

Another longshot possibility is the power adapter--low voltage causing an error during boot. Try a different 12V adapter (or the DC plug in your car) before assuming the scanner is bad.

I would be thinking the sd card slot contacts oxidizing maybe. I have had card readers do that before and I took a card and put a very thin coat of Deoxit contact cleaner on the contacts then inserted, removed, inserted several times and have had good luck using that method to clean the contacts with NO power to the reader/scanner of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.