Uniden 796 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

salturano

Premium Subscriber
I have a problem with my BC796D jumping from Trunk scanning to a conventional single frequency.
It stays stuck with no audio. Software update for PC25 has been done by Uniden and they tell me that because this is an older model they can help me solve the problem.
Manual said to add more active ID's and that didn't help. Loked out convention frequencies to no avail.

Can someone help me?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Moved your post into its own thread.
In the future please be careful as the thread you originally posted in had nothing to do with a 796D.
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It sounds like (pun intended) that this conventional frequency is a birdie - a product of mixing between 2 or more stages in the radio. That would indeed cause a 'stuck' radio 'with no audio'. If you just listen to that frequency manually (without scanning), what happens? If it results in the same thing, find another frequency to put there.

This is a very common issue -older radios are just as susceptible as newer ones. It's not necessarily a failure in the radio per se...Mike

scosgt

Mine does that too on the NJSP trunked system. If I leave it on that system, eventually it just stops.
I have two 296D units, they do the same thing.
No help for it I am afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.