Uniden 996p2 Hold/resume button

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody2266

Premium Subscriber
The Hold/resume button on my 996p2 has stopped working. Has anyone had this issue and been able to resolve it without sending it to Uniden in the US? Would anyone know somewhere on this side of the border to get it fixed....I am in the Cambridge area....not sure if Radioworld or Durham radio would repair this...any advice appreciated!!!

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
I might be dating myself here but I thought there was a company in Peterborough who handled Uniden repairs, I think the company name might have been Lectron or something similar to that.

woody2266

Premium Subscriber
THANKS!

Just sent an e-mail to the service manager at Lectron, thanks for the info!!! Appreciate it!

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
this sounds like a loose connection inside the scanner, typical problem. open the scanner and reset the ribbon cables between the mother board and the front panel, all should be good then..

69stiles

There was a guy named Ted who has a shop at the Tu-Lane (401 & 97) who fixes scanners & electronics. He did some scanner work for me once

Lazer Audio and Electronics

Address: 2492 Cedar Creek Rd, North Dumfries, ON N0B

Phone: 519-513-0377

Last edited by a moderator:

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Hey no problem, that's what these forums are all about; helping one another out whatever way we can.

woody2266

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info....I tried that, no cigar...I will be sending it to Lectron at some point this week unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.