Uniden 996p2 State Patrol

Rick6975

I bought a 996p2 scanner and have my locals all programmed. I would like to put the state patrol in but don't know what I'm doing. It says on RR that it's WISCOM but not sure what to enter. I'm in Walworth Co. Do I go to South East and put in all frequencies for the counties near me? It seems like overkill. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Wauk620

KD9PQM
Premium Subscriber
Just program the control frequencies for either the Spring Prairie or Darien tower, whichever you are closer to and then program whatever southeast region talkgroups you want. I would also recommend interop, EMS, Medevac and any other talkgroups you want to listen to. Happy monitoring. - John KD9PQM

Rick6975

Thanks everyone. I downloaded a software from scannermaster and got it programmed with the help of a youtube video. Should have done this right away! I'm learning!

tvengr

Well Known Member
I downloaded a software from scannermaster
If that is ARC-XT, I can help you with any programming problems. In reference to the Milton site in Rock County, statewide systems do not honor county lines. You can easily control which systems, sites, and groups you want to scan by using quick keys. Here is a file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: