UNIDEN 996P2 Upgrade Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3opc

I was considering purchasing a Upgrade key for my radio and ran into a discrepancy error...
I was informed by some one here that such a firmware has to be uploaded using Sentinel..
Although I see what appears to be an available upgrade key Sentinel is not compatible with the 996P2.
I have always used Freescan.

I also ran into issues with it even accepting my SN:# after following the procedure described.

I noted as well a Untrunker Key available ...What would this key purchase give me.

Last edited by a moderator:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I was considering purchasing a Upgrade key for my radio and ran into a discrepancy error...
I was informed by some one here that such a firmware has to be uploaded using Sentinel..
Although I see what appears to be an available upgrade key Sentinel is not compatible with the 996P2.
I have always used Freescan.

I also ran into issues with it even accepting my SN:# after following the procedure described.

I noted as well a Untrunker Key available ...What would this key purchase give me.

Last of all does anyone know if DMR is even used in the Quinte area and if so who uses it É

Sentinel has nothing to do with the BCD996P2 scanner, don't know why someone would tell you that.

Also, be aware if you are being asked for your serial number (SN), or the electronic serial number (ESN)... they are different.

Read carefully and follow the directions to the letter on this page :

DigitalMobileRadioUpgradeforBCDxxxP2 < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Moved post to Uniden Tech Support forum.

Please start a new thread in the Ontario forum for your Quinte question. Thanks.

ve3opc

Get this message (The Checksum you entered is not valid. Please recheck your input to ensure that you have entered the last 12 digits of the ESN correctly (the first 5 digits are prefilled for you). For more help, click the "Where is my ESN?" link on the registration page.

Please go back by clicking your back button. )

ve3opc

Anyone also aware of DMR or Provoice use in my area (Quinte) to make such a purchase worth while É..its like $110.00 American for both...Expensive.

DougWatkins

Go to RR...look at Hastings..there are some DMR systems...I don't see any Edacs...there is some NXDN which I don't believe the 996p2 can decode

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased, and installed both DMR & Provoice upgrades, and the process worked perfectly. I'm not aware of anyone in the Macomb County, Michigan area, that are using these modes at this time. But I felt it important to grab the upgrades while they're available, and before I get too old and senile, to install them. :)

The BCD996P2 is one of the best scanners I've ever owned, and in I've tried them all in the 50 years I've been enjoying the hobby.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
#5 has the direct links to the firmware upgrade and then the purchase DMR/Provoice process

The link in post #3 contains all the information and instructions for purchasing and installing the digital unlock key, and the link to the firmware upgrade information. It's all under the heading "Getting the Upgrade" on that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.