Uniden 996T & 396T Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

derdude

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have been out of the scanner scene for several years. I have 2 systems, Uniden 996T and a 396T. I have the latest firmware on each of them. I used ProScan to load some systems into them to see if they would be able to hear anything. I tried RCS for Sheriffs and SDPD 700 and was not able to hear anything.

Are these system still capable of hearing systems like these?

Thank you for any info.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
lets provide some more information before anyone can help you like the names of the systems in questions and where do you live.

JoeyC

Yes those scanners should work for the systems you mentioned, although not the best choice. Your location, antenna and whether you programmed correctly would dictate whether or not you heard anything.

derdude

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies.. Let me try to use the software to re-program them. Maybe the default settings I did choose where not correct. I'll will try again. I am in North Coastal County.

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have the new Digital Frequencies and not the old analog frequencies

Do a Test .......while in scan mode .....push the hold button on any TG .....IF The Display says (can’t find control channel ). you need to move or better the antenna .

Note ....in The North Coast Area you really only need the North cell

San Diego City from The North Coast is going to be Tuff with The 996

Escondido Fire is Phase 2 so they will be Silent on the 996 .....the whole system is going to be P2 .....but programming radios is a long process........ So it’s a mix match system now.

Status
Not open for further replies.