Uniden 996T Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

reefmikey

I am interested in purchasing the 996T. I would like to put it in the dash of my car but I am not sure if the power connector that I have in my ford ranger will work with the 996T. Do the radio transmissions play through the car speakers? Attatched is the picture of the Plug out of my ranger. Thanks in Advance. This website is awesome and has tons of great information. Thank You.

Attachments

• Power Plug 1.jpg
    Power Plug 1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 551

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There might be a adapter available at custom install shops that bring all of the pins from that connector out to individual wires. The 996 just requires +12V and ground for power (but you can optionally connect a headlight sense wire to autodim the display).

For audio, it has a standard stereo mini-plug (like the headphone jack on your iPod).

Dubbin

Feed Provider
No you cannot plug that into your new radio. Not to be mean but if you need to ask this question then you may be better off having someone install the radio for you. I would hate to see you smoke such a new and expensive radio.

MacombMonitor

Dubbin said:
No you cannot plug that into your new radio. Not to be mean but if you need to ask this question then you may be better off having someone install the radio for you. I would hate to see you smoke such a new and expensive radio.

Worse than smoking the radio would be to smoke a digital instrument panel, if he has one...VERY expensive! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.