uniden 996xt/close call/public safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctitus

Premium Subscriber
the scanner in question isn't in my reach, it's 300+ miles away at my 85 year old mothers house.
I set it up for her, and programmed the local police, fire etc, which is all she wants to use it for.

The other day it started making a loud noise, she hit some buttons, and then turned it off. After talking to her, she said it displayed something about "close call" on the display.

If I read the wiki correctly, pressing the squelch button should toggle the close call off. I had her press the button, and then she said it read "public safety" on the display, accompanied by the previously mentioned loud annoying noise.

I had her try pressing it again, and had her hold it in for a few seconds, but it stayed the same. At which point her patience was exhausted, and she turned it off again.

I'm not sure what to do to get it back to scanning the channels I have programmed in; any help is appreciated.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
She's enabled the public safety service search. While it is displaying public safety, she needs to press F then L/O, L/O(twice in quick succession).

Status
Not open for further replies.