Uniden 996xt p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

I have been all day trying to program a p25 phase 1 by hand I have mo cumputer this what I have done so far push menu button ,program systems .new system p25 one_freq trunk ,conferm e yes edit name wrote name ? Now I am lost dont no were to go from hear this moring I some how got to the freq part but I did not no how to ad talk groups ect I been gre and radio shack are much easy to program by hand can some one walk me threw this I need help pleas I have no cumputer just a I pad help!!!!!

Herodog

Hanover county And va stars both p25 like I sad I dont have a pc trying to program by hand I put the vc channels that works but got tohear everthing with my pro 106 it a lot easy the the uniden for what I hear on my end radio shack rules I got thevc channes I can pic them up idont understand this scanner never by a uniden the have nothing on gre or radio shack even with the basic anologe channels

JamesO

It is actually not too hard, BUT, you have to understand the Menu and the knob to push in.

STARS can be a challenge depending on ability to receive a strong and stable control channel signal.

For STARS start simple with only a single Control Channel and a few of the most active Talk Groups.

You now need to add Talk Groups if you have a System and Site (frequency). Now choose Edit Group, New Group, enter a Talk Group ID and then a name for the Talk Group.

It is possible to program vial the scanner panel, just a bit slower and not quite a flexible or forgiving.

Herodog

Iam trying to prgram this scanner for a freind but I tell you radio shack is whole nother world and as far as recive I would not have a undine scanner

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
First off you need to program it as a P25 Standard not a one frequency. The talk groups are programmed into "Groups". Read the Easier-to Read Manual and become familiar with the scanner.

I can program Uniden scanners with my eyes closed, but give me a GRE scanner and I'm lucky if I can turn the darn thing on. It doesn't mean it is a bad scanner, they are just two different animals.

Easier to Read BCD996XT Digital Scanner Manual

Herodog

Bear cat 996xt

Thanks you guys I got it to work great help did not mean to be rude about bear cat scanners it was getting overwelming puching all thouse buttons thank again

Status
Not open for further replies.