Uniden and the FCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzzhopperzzz

Upman, I have greatest respect for you and Uniden. I own many Uniden scanners! I am waiting, cash in hand, for the bugs to be eliminated in the 436 and 536 models.. I have, at least, a dozen radio hobbiest friends doing the same wait... If a reliable scanner, from Uniden, is not produced soon, I, & they, will look at other companies for late model scanners.. Sorry, I don't mean to sound condescending, I just have a "need to know" on current events in my town/area.. I can't remember a time in my history when I felt so isolated from current information. This further panics the need for it.. It would help to know that Uniden would battle the FCC, on "our" behalf, on issues of interest, at least on occasion.. Sinc, Hop

mbnelson

Premium Subscriber
zzzhopperzzz, I do not understand what you would like Uniden to take to the FCC. Please provide some examples..

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Posts moved to their own thread since this has nothing to do with the Heaphone Issues thread this was posted in.

stingray327

"Upman, I have greatest respect for you and Uniden. I own many Uniden scanners! I am waiting, cash in hand, for the bugs to be eliminated in the 436 and 536 models.. I have, at least, a dozen radio hobbiest friends doing the same wait... If a reliable scanner, from Uniden, is not produced soon, I, & they, will look at other companies for late model scanners.. Sorry, I don't mean to sound condescending, I just have a "need to know" on current events in my town/area.. I can't remember a time in my history when I felt so isolated from current information. This further panics the need for it.. It would help to know that Uniden would battle the FCC, on "our" behalf, on issues of interest, at least on occasion.. Sinc, Hop"

We are also waiting in the same line.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
While the x36HP scanners are not perfect (see some of the bug reports & Sentinel gripes I've posted if you doubt this), IMO it's kind of stupid to miss out on what does work (and work well) on account of a few (in the grand scheme of things) relatively minor bugs and unfinished features. I have a 436HP and I'm sufficiently happy with it that I don't regret buying it even though it isn't 100% perfect. I'm still going to agitate to get Uniden to make it better and finish the unfinished features, but while I'm waiting for that to happen, I'm going to use a powerful and capable scanner.

Don't let the perfect be the executioner of the good.

JamesO

While the x36HP scanners are not perfect (see some of the bug reports & Sentinel gripes I've posted if you doubt this), IMO it's kind of stupid to miss out on what does work (and work well) on account of a few (in the grand scheme of things) relatively minor bugs and unfinished features. I have a 436HP and I'm sufficiently happy with it that I don't regret buying it even though it isn't 100% perfect. I'm still going to agitate to get Uniden to make it better and finish the unfinished features, but while I'm waiting for that to happen, I'm going to use a powerful and capable scanner.

Don't let the perfect be the executioner of the good.

Yep, I stated something like this in another post - "Anyway, for anyone interested in either of the x36HP products, I strongly suggest you make your decision to purchase for what they are and not what they can be. This way you will not be too disappointed and if and when new features are finally released you will be happy that there is something new these products can do!"

Overall capable products, but there is unfinished business and I think being vocal about the unfinished business is useful to get the vendors attention and may speed things up a slight bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.