Uniden BC 346XT Display Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill11312

Does anyone know if there is a way to see the frequency when the scanner stops on a channel? I have every frequency/channel Alpa Tagged, but i thought there was a way to also see the frequency. Thanks in advance.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there is a way to see the frequency when the scanner stops on a channel? I have every frequency/channel Alpa Tagged, but i thought there was a way to also see the frequency. Thanks in advance.

Display Mode 2 diplays the frequency. In scan hold mode press Function + 6 (disp).

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Actually it looks like Display Mode 1. I just tried it. Press Function + 6 to cycle thru the modes.

In the BC346XT_Complete_Reference.pdf one, section says Display Mode 2 and another says Display Mode 1

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Actually it looks like Display Mode 1. I just tried it. Press Function + 6 to cycle thru the modes.

In the BC346XT_Complete_Reference.pdf one, section says Display Mode 2 and another says Display Mode 1

It is display mode 1 :)
Display mode 1 shows TGID (or alphatag) on line 2 with freq on line 3.

Display mode 2 alternates TGID/UID on second line with a small version
of the TGID on the line below.

Display mode 3 shows TGID on line 2 and UID on bottom line.

All the above is going on the assumption of one having the latest firmware
installed in your radio.
Marshall KE4ZNR

kilowa22

Display Mode 1 == Conventional Freq. display on LCD line 4 in small font
Display Mode 2 == Trunked Freq. Display on LCD line 4 in small font.

HTH,

kilowa22

For display modes 1 & 2 the firmware is the same for all the scanners. For display mode 3, if you have the latest firmware release for the scanner and you turn on Radio ID Mode:
Menu > Settings > Disp. Unit ID > ON > Eyes > L/O
Mode 3 will display Radio id #s for trunked systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.