Uniden BC-SGPS Wire Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

I recently purchased the updated Uniden GPS model with is the BC-SGPS. The puck is different from the previous version in which it uses an RJ14 telephone cable. The cable that is supplied with it, is not long enough for my setup in my vehicle. I have bought several different brands of RJ14 cables that are 4 conductors, and they do not work. I am using an SDS 100, and when I plug in one of the other cables that I bought the GPS icon briefly appears and then disappears after the initial few seconds. I was wondering if anybody has used a different RJ14 cable than what is supplied with the unit and has had any success.

I look forward to any help. Thank you in advance

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, I can't advise on the BC-SGPS itself. But, isn't the actual GPS puck the same as the dedicated 200 one?

Because, I do have a 200 and I have successfully swapped a number of normal RJ-14 (4 conductor) cables, so I don't think this is the issue....

Coolant113

Unfortunately, I can't advise on the BC-SGPS itself. But, isn't the actual GPS puck the same as the dedicated 200 one?

Because, I do have a 200 and I have successfully swapped a number of normal RJ-14 (4 conductor) cables, so I don't think this is the issue....

I do not 100% know for sure if they are the same, but I believe that they are. What are your GPS settings on the SDS? I am wondering if maybe that has something to do with it, such as the baud rate.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
Make sure that the wiring is proper on the phone line you are using. The BC-SGPS uses a crossover cable with all 4 conductors connected. You can usually see the colors of the wires into the plug ends, on one end it goes L-R and the other R-L with the individual colors.

I have used up to a 25 foot cable properly wired with my BC-SGPS with no issues.

N9JIG

Sheriff

Yes, it is the same receiver, the BC-SGPS adds the adapter kit for the other scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.