Uniden BC125AT Antenna Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwarburg

Hello all. So I have a couple of Uniden BC125AT scanners and I'm looking to upgrade their antennas to get a better signal. Preferably I am looking for an antenna that will keep the scanner portable, but I'm also interested in what antennas would be good for mounting in a more permanent location. Thanks in advance!

zwarburg

I'm well pleased with the Diamond RH77CA.
the Rh77ca is a pretty good antenna. That's what i've used on my BC125at for many years.

Based on what I've read elsewhere that is what I was looking at already so awesome! How much of an improvement did you see with the RH77CA over the stock antenna? It only cost $26 so not like I'm breaking the bank, but is it worth the cost? I.E. is there a significant increase in signal quality?

Thanks!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's totally worth it. The RH77CA picks up way more stuff than the factory antenna.

Radiocar

Salty Coxswain
I use the RS800 antenna. It works decently enough to get the job done but I am sure there are better, albeit more expensive, options out there.

Edit: BTW this is my only antenna out of all of my Handheld Scanners(2). The more expensive it is the more likely I am to lose it. What kind of logic is that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.