Uniden BC125AT Firmware confusion and step adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilt404

I read a Monitoring Times review of this scanner where it said:

"At the time of this review (3/23/12) having 7.5 kHz steps is not possible. However, Paul Opitz (Uniden Product Manager) posted on radio reference that this option is coming in a future firmware update."

That was in 2012 and I still don't seem to be able to change steps. When I power on my scanner it says I'm using Firmware 1.04.02, yet when I go to Uniden's site for the firmware update it doesn't even show that version. Just 1.03.01 and if I run the update tool it wants to put that version on my scanner which seems older.

I was hoping by now, more than 2 years later we could adjust step on this scanner since many conventional VHF frequencies I want to program in for local fire can't even be input correctly to the proper frequency.

Just wondering if there will truly be an update so I can adjust step on this scanner soon? Also, how am I running 1.04.02 when I can't even find that firmware on uniden's site?

Update: I just noticed if I program to the scanner using the Uniden software, I can program in a frequency like 154.6350 and it will go to the scanner, but using Butel's software when I enter that frequency it goes back to 154.5750. Maybe my problem is with Butel's software. I will email them today and see.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I read a Monitoring Times review of this scanner where it said:

"At the time of this review (3/23/12) having 7.5 kHz steps is not possible. However, Paul Opitz (Uniden Product Manager) posted on radio reference that this option is coming in a future firmware update."

That was in 2012 and I still don't seem to be able to change steps. When I power on my scanner it says I'm using Firmware 1.04.02, yet when I go to Uniden's site for the firmware update it doesn't even show that version. Just 1.03.01 and if I run the update tool it wants to put that version on my scanner which seems older.

I was hoping by now, more than 2 years later we could adjust step on this scanner since many conventional VHF frequencies I want to program in for local fire can't even be input correctly to the proper frequency.

Just wondering if there will truly be an update so I can adjust step on this scanner soon? Also, how am I running 1.04.02 when I can't even find that firmware on uniden's site?

The updated firmware for the narrow frequency steps was released by Uniden on 4/27/2012.

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...5at-firmware-update-released.html#post1745776

The 1.04.02 firmware changed ONLY charging parameters to comply with California Energy Commission rules.

tilt404

Thanks I just wish it showed that on the Uniden site since I had no idea it was the most recent. Good to know steps were updated. Seems my problem was with the software I was using and having it set wrong.

I think I found the trouble with Butel's software over Uniden's since in Uniden's I can set the band plan to Canada or US. In the Butel software I see under setup in the menu bar under scanner model it shows the US bandplan, but then two other bandplan 1 and bandplan 2.

I picked bandplan 1 and now I can enter the frequency properly. I couldn't find anything about this in the Butel manual but seems like I figured it out now. Just not sure what the bandplan 2 is but I emailed butel and will see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.