Uniden BC147XLT to BNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

I currently am getting flaky signal on my BC147XLT and think it may have to do with the basic whip that comes with it.

I was looking at this connector which I think is what I would need:

ANT38, ADAPTER TO CHANGE YOUR BNC MALE ANTENNA CONNECTOR TO MALE MOTOROLA. ALLOWS BNC SCANNER ANTENNAS TO PLUG INTO SCANNERS WITH A MOTOROLA JACK. - Scanner World - The Largest Dealer of Scanning Radios in the World

But I can't really find a reference online what exactly the connector on my scanner is called but I think it's "Motorola Push Pin Connector"

Anyway, should switching to a newer BNC antenna like possibly the RH77CA or even the RadioShack Whip, or any others really help out?

EDIT: My RadioShack Pro-2028 also seems to take a Motorola connector as it's external antenna but for some reason I can barely find documentation or even pictures of said connector.

Last edited:

SignalSeeker

Premium Subscriber
From memory that adaptor should work. I recall picking up an adaptor like that to get to BNC back when I had a scanner of that age.

As for the antennas, people love those so they should perform better.

Justin

RedPenguin

Strange

Definitely was the right connector except I got the Radio Shack one.

For some reason I can't remove the static from my BC147XLT.

I am going to keep playing with it, but for some reason even recording from it is hard, because you hear an "errrr" in the background or similar, like their is always noise with or without receiving anything out of the "Ex Speaker" port.

I am using a mono to stereo adapter, so that doesn't seem to be the cause of the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.