uniden bc200xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlaforett

Premium Subscriber
looking back at the uniden bc200xlt was one of the best scanners uniden made and is still going

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 42

Paysonscanner

This was the handheld scanner my late husband and I carried in the late 80's and most of the 90's. It was paired with BC-760 mobile scanners in each vehicle. We had a PRO-2006 for a base station after about 1992 when it came out. We had an older Bearcat of some sort prior to the 2006. Hubby modified the 760's for faster scanning and CTCSS use. Things were pretty simple then, but programming that BC-200 as we traveled took oodles of time. Hubby would write the programs on sheets of paper and sometimes I would punch the buttons as he drove. I miss him so!!

marlin39a

Premium Subscriber
I still have my BC200, purchased new around 1991. I replaced the battery pack about 15 yrs ago, but it stays on the power cord in my home office full time since. It does duty for the BNSF road channel these days. Hard to believe it's nearly 30 yrs old.

potala1369

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a BC200XLT for $25 at the HRO consignment counter in Salem, NH about a year or so back. Spent money for a new battery back and a charger. Have less than $100 invested in it and it serves me well despite it's age.

dlaforett

Premium Subscriber
This was the handheld scanner my late husband and I carried in the late 80's and most of the 90's. It was paired with BC-760 mobile scanners in each vehicle. We had a PRO-2006 for a base station after about 1992 when it came out. We had an older Bearcat of some sort prior to the 2006. Hubby modified the 760's for faster scanning and CTCSS use. Things were pretty simple then, but programming that BC-200 as we traveled took oodles of time. Hubby would write the programs on sheets of paper and sometimes I would punch the buttons as he drove. I miss him so!!
sorry for your loss.. I also have the pro 2006 and still going strong

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
I had a uniden bc200xlt as well back then until rocky mountain power sent a power surge
which destroyed the radio

scanmanmi

Spent money for a new battery pack

Tell me more! Mine has a BatteriesPlus one but I can't get any numbers off of it. AA are a little too tall. Says BP200 on the bottom. It says it's Nicad but I saw a replacement online that was LithiumIon. I just need the batteries not the whole case.

Last edited:

StickyBit

Regular Listener
@scanmanmi - Take a look at numbered pages 4 & 5 in this Uniden BCT200XLT owners manual, attached.

Attachments

• BC200XLTom.pdf
    778.6 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.