Uniden BC246T Questions/AR246

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmstern

I did all my programming of my BC246T through the radio. Although I downloaded the ARC246 software, and I have used it, I have not purchased it yet. I do plan to.

I finde programming the "246" through the radio is pretty easy.

sfgiantsradio

in the arc246 software selct new system, under general select which type of trunking system you want to moniter (eg: 800mhz standard, 800mhz custom, etc.) then on the top right next to where it says general click on the tab that says, (trunk frequencies) under that input the control channels, ONLY the control channels! then to the left select group 1 and in group 1 input the tgid's and your problem should be solved!

It doesn't seem to be working.

captclint

Mentor
It doesn't seem to be working.
Since you claim it is not working, you need to tell us what system, and where you are located, and why or what you think is not working. If you hope to get more help, please click on the User CP at the top left of this page, and edit you details to include your state and city or county. From your post, I assume it is Alameda County CA, but please enter this so others can be of more help. Based on that guess, I believe you are talking about:Alameda, County of (Public Safety
For that system, you should have selected Moto Type II 800, and entered in the frequency column.
In the trunk system para's tab, be sure Control Channel only is checked. Did you enter any TGID's? If not, then set trunk scan to IDsearch and you should hear any Talk group that is transmitting. If you did enter some TGID's then you can chose IDScan, and it will only stop on those groups you entered. Since the default in ARC is IDscan, I suspect that you did not enter any TGID's, so it will not stop on anything at all. Suggest you start in the ID search mode first to be sure you really can receive the system.
If all this checks out, then you may be too far from the system to hear it if you still think it is not working...another guess because I don't know where you are.

Last edited:

sfgiantsradio

I entered those 3 freqs, and yes, I want to listen to Alameda County and other trunked system in the Bay Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.