uniden bc296d p25 progamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpoolluey

Can some one help? I have a bc296d with the apco p25 card installed and enabled but when I select a frequency that I know is p25 and NOT encrypted and was heard in the clear a few days ago but now all I hear is data noise. What has happened? Have I accidently changed some settings? When first heard ok the NFM would toggle between P25 and NFM and the conversation was loud and clear but now just stays on NFM and data noise.

troymail

Silent Key
May not be the issue your having but my 296 sometimes seems to lose communication with the P25 card and all I head is the digital signal (noise). I turn the radio off and re-seat (pull and reinsert) the card and that always fixes it.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If memory serves, wasn't there a firmware fix for this? And I *think* that the rebanding fix would also include this as well, although UPMan would be a better one to comment on that...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not quite but almost...that is the rebanding update, and I THINK - I'm not sure - that it would include the P25 card fix that was in a previous update. That's very much a UPMan question.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.