Uniden BC296D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amleth

Has anyone had any experience with a BC296D, more to the point any been able to trunk the NSW GRN with one? I'm having problems.

Regards Amleth.

grant

296d

The 250d trunks OK

Don't forget that the NSWGRN has three base frequencies - for more see Dave's scannsw website

Just type "scannsw" in google and it will come up 2nd or 3rd hit

Grant

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Re: 296d

grant said:
The 250d trunks OK

Don't forget that the NSWGRN has three base frequencies - for more see Dave's scannsw website
Grant

FYI: I have found that the programming software that comes with the Uniden 296D/796D has a significant bug when dealing with Motorola VHF and UHF trunking systems:

The program doesn't always allow you to change or modify the tables as you would like them, and it fails to properly clear this data from the scanner itself once it's entered. I found myself climbing the walls trying to monitor a local 406 MHz system here in the States. I kept programming the base, offset, and spacing, only to have the old data return every time. However, I cured this problem by manually deleting all the old info and setting the values to "O." Once this was completed, I downloaded the bank to the Uniden software program and it reset everything as it should be. Then I was able to correctly program the system into my 796D with no further problems or missed radio transmissions.

73's

Ron

Amleth

I still haven't been able to get it working, It detects I-Call, but not any Activity IDs or TalkGroups. Any Other Ideas, Uniden have been less than helpful :x .

Regards
Amleth

Status
Not open for further replies.