Uniden bc346xt help finding Oregon frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepOregonWeird

The Listener
Premium Subscriber
hello I have not had a scammer in 15 years and it has become a little bit more complicated. I have figured most of the programming out but I cannot listen to my local police department like Tualatin, Tigard, Sherwood, King City and Beaverton. I have been told to put in South cities ID tag but no success at picking anything up can anybody help me with this that lives in this area and can confirm they listen to these cities police departments? I can pick up most all of Portland and Multnomah County Sheriff, Clackamas County Sheriff but just having trouble with these local cities thanks for the help much appreciated.

captclint

Mentor
I believe you are in Washington County, Most of your area is on Washington County / Clackamas County / Newberg Trunking System You talk about south ID, so it sounds like you have a trunking system programmed. So we need to know if that is correct, and if you are picking up other agencies on this trunking system. Have you put in the TGID for Washington County?

I'm really not from your area, so I will ask that this be moved to the Oregon Forum.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I don't have a BC346XT, so I'll be on limited help regarding the scanner itself and specifics of the system you are trying to monitor. It looks like you are trying to program Washington County / Clackamas County / Newberg. Do you have either of the Washington County Simulcast sites programmed in, including the alternate control channels?

There's a few technical items about networked trunked radio systems that make it so that certain sites may not get traffic for other counties. For a certain sites to carry radio traffic for a talkgroup, there needs to be an end user that has affiliated to the tower to make it carry the traffic for that talkgroup. If you have a site programmed located in Clackamas County, then it's possible that may never hear those certain agencies because they don't use the sites located in Clackamas County.

As for specific area questions, it maybe more appropriate to ask over at Oregon Radio Discussion Forum as it will have users who are in the area. It looks like Clint has put in a move request on your behalf, so hopefully you can get more localized help in a short period of time!

KeepOregonWeird

The Listener
Premium Subscriber
Hey guys I appreciate it much, I did not have the Washington County simulcast sites programmed as soon as I did that all my stations worked that didn't before. Thanks much I appreciate it once again, I thought for sure I put them frequencies in there but guess I didn't.

DickH

Hey guys I appreciate it much, I did not have the Washington County simulcast sites programmed as soon as I did that all my stations worked that didn't before. Thanks much I appreciate it once again, I thought for sure I put them frequencies in there but guess I didn't.

You don't need all the freqs., only the 4 control channels.

washy

I have the Radio shack Pro107 and now I have this Uniden scanner. I am also a complete newbie to scanners. The iscan software made the 107 pretty dummy proof to program. I need help.
I downloaded Freescan but without a premium membership I cannot import the programming from RadioReference.
The iscan software didn't need a premium membership to update its library.... so what I am asking,
Is there a way to transfer any of the information i have in Iscan to freescan?
I just don't want to pay for something it seems I may already have in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.