Uniden Bc346xt power issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncledenny48

I plugged in the wrong power cord and got a illegal power source message, now no audio and cant charge the unit. Did I ruin the unit ? Any suggestions? ?

uncledenny48

I have a bc346xt and I plugged the wrong power cord in by mistake now I cant charge tge batteries and it work just on the cord plugged in by itself and has No audio. Did I break it ? Any suggestions? Thank you.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved to Uniden forum since it's not really a Regional area question. You should get more responses here.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I plugged in the wrong power cord and got a illegal power source message, now no audio and cant charge the unit. Did I ruin the unit ? Any suggestions? ?

If you had the polarity wrong it will have burned out the protective diode but it should still work on batteries but not on your wall wart.

However, if you had the incorrect voltage (too high) then I suppose more damage could occur but in any case I think you will have to send it Uniden to get it fixed. I believe they have a flat rate of $49.95 or something like that and for many it is a good deal.

uncledenny48

bc346xt power issues

Ya it says illegal voltage when I plug it in and it comes on when I put fresh batteries in but I have no audio with and without headphones and its giving me the low battery signal aftet .putting fresh batteries in.

uncledenny48

Yes I agree it is a good deal kinda frustrated I just got it off amazon last week, I was hoping it would at least work off battery power.

uncledenny48

Thank you how is the master reset done ? Is that the 2 9 hold buttons at power on if so I tried that it worked for a while with fresh batteries, still no audio with headphones and without

Status
Not open for further replies.