Uniden BC346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I bought this scanner in 2011 and had a lot of fun with it, but life got busy for a bit and I stopped using it. Now that I am looking at it now I wonder if it's still usable? Can I still program it to scan police traffic or am I out of luck because the technology has moved on? lol

I reviewed my old post back then on this site and noticed I was directed to use FreeScan to program it. I don't have that software anymore and it doesn't look like its available? I could be wrong and I am just looking for it in the wrong place.

Thanks,

wtp

that is for freescan.
the next question is,
what system are you trying to listen to ?

Here's some History:

that is for freescan.
the next question is,

I think I would like to put the emergency services plus police into my scanner. I have basically Toronto Police Services only in my scanner right now. I would like to learn more of how to load load things up using software and understand how to only scan (if that's possible) certain channels when I am out and about?

I don't live in the TPS area's anymore but would love to cover all of the GTA which doesn't say much for folks who don't live up here. The Greater Toronto area covers (this link explains it - Greater Toronto Area - Wikipedia)

Sorry I am still a noob at this. :(

Thanks,

PriorMike

The 346 is wicked awesome at analog, but doesn't do digital of any flavour, so Toronto "public safety" is a no go for you. Plus the cops are encrypted to top it off.

Freescan will work to program it, as will Proscan which is actually supported and is a forum member.

The 346 is wicked awesome at analog, but doesn't do digital of any flavour, so Toronto "public safety" is a no go for you. Plus the cops are encrypted to top it off.

Freescan will work to program it, as will Proscan which is actually supported and is a forum member.

If I wanted to upgrade to a digital one, what would recommend?

Thanks,

PriorMike

I have a BCD325P2 and like it. The only gripe I have is that with 2AA batteries it doesn't last long, although I have gotten close to 8 hours out of it.

If you search the Uniden forums here there are countless threads comparing the different Uniden models, plus if you have a look in the Ontario forum there'll be some T.O.-centric info there.

OK I am stuck. I managed to FreeScan downloaded and my scanner connected. I downloaded the old content and uploaded some new but when I power cycle the scanner it says "Scan Mode Nothing to Scan". I looked on YT saw a couple of videos using FreeScan with the Uniden but nothing that suggests what needs to be done to get scanning working. lol

The 325P2 is the current version.

I love mine!

I saw this video, the retailer doesn't recommend it but I don't take everything with the truth, best to find out from the folks using it. Do you have any problems with it? I see on the retailers website they have software updates to it.

DMR Uniden Software Upgrade and ProVoice EDACS Uniden Software Upgrade, did you upgrade yours?

I am not so worry about the battery life, its not a big deal to me and I wouldn't be having live by my side 24/7. :)

Thanks,

Opps I guess I should post the link to the video.

I think I figured it out. Almost all the area stuff in the different regions are P25 which looks like the Trunk Tracker III doesn't support. Do'h, so I do have a dinosaur after all. lol

So whats the DMR Uniden Software Upgrade and ProVoice EDACS Uniden Software Upgrade. are those both firmware updates?
Those are only needed if you want to listen to those modes in your area.

Most systems don't use those modes, so you most likely don't need them.

I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.