Uniden BC355N Dimensions - Car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agiusm

Dear All,

I am a newbie to the world of radios.

I thought of purchasing a Uniden BC355N Scanner and placing it in my car to replace my car radio and also to be able to scan air-band.

Does anyone know if the height of this scanner please? I currently have a Pioneer Single Din Radio which is about 2 inches tall. I am wondering if this scanner will fit.

If it does not fit in my current configuration, are there any moulds I could buy online? I drive a Toyota Yaris (UK).

Also ... regarding Antenna ... If I use my car antenna .... which is mounted at the top of my car ... would that be enough?

Thank you all for your kind replies! I appreciate each and every one!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Also ... regarding Antenna ... If I use my car antenna .... which is mounted at the top of my car ... would that be enough?

No. Antennas must be designed to work for a frequency range. The frequencies used by police and fire are very different than those used for public broadcast. An antenna may work for a frequency range it is not designed, but performance will be poor.

You need to get an antenna designed specifically for the frequency ranges you wish to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.