Uniden BC70XLT battery connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg251

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the name of the 2 pin connector from the battery to the circuit board on the BC70 XLT? I bought a new battery but it came only with wire leads, no connector. The old connector broke when sliding off circuit board pins.

Thanks,

Gregg
N2UUP

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It probably looks like this? Maybe someone can cut one off an old battery pack and mail it to you. Sorry I don't have one.

freqseeker

If you have a Batteries Plus in your town ask them if they have any recycled cores you could take one from. That connector may have been used on cordless phones as well. It's worth a try.

a417

I would just buy a matching set of connectors and solder them on. Easy solution!

The scanner doesn't care.
Exactly what I would do.

Unless you are going for a museum quality restoration and will be judged on your final product compared to the original form factor, best practice now is to use what is widely available and suitable as a replacement - and keep a couple of spares for the future.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Ah the ole bc70xlt my first portable, really a great scanner short of that battery pack I had to keep soldering iron ready to do the battery packs too.
I clipped off the connector off of a battery pack years ago since it was a unique one. Thought down the road might be a use for it, for me anyways but looks like it help you though! I haven't found a use for it, yours if you want it. PM me your address.

Untitled 1.jpg2020-06-13 18.00.02.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.