Uniden bc75xlt analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

codawg

Im new too scanners, still alot too learn. But from some of the reading I have done, seems that mostly everything has moved away from analog...

But there has too be something too use this scanner for, It picks up absolutely NOTHING. The odd time while I have it on search, it picks up an airplane transmission. ive drove all over town with it seacrhing and nothing..

it will stop and pick something up, but its either just static, or static with a beeping noise and other times it sounds like a disel engine running...

so either im doing something wrong, or this scanner is just the obsolete!

suggestions?

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Hi OP. Sorry to hear that all you are picking up is beeping noises and diesel truck noises. That's gotta be disappointing.

Where do you live? I looked up your posts and you say you wanted to listen to Prince Albert, Canada police?

Well..it looks like you live in a very rural area. There might not be much at all you can pick up out in the sticks.

Airplanes sure. Their height above terrain makes for a "very tall antenna."

Keep plugging away. Maybe you can pick up other stuff like amateur radio and truck drivers?

gadgeteck

This may sound dumb but the beep isn't a battery low indicator is it? If so, the diesel sound could be a noise emitted when the batteries are too low to receive the radio transmission.

N8IAA

This may sound dumb but the beep isn't a battery low indicator is it? If so, the diesel sound could be a noise emitted when the batteries are too low to receive the radio transmission.

The OP lives in Canada, and is hearing trunked, and/or, P-25 frequencies. Maybe even TRBO transmissions. When the battery gets low on the 75, it will just beep.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.