Uniden BC75XLT FRS receive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkerins

I bought a Uniden BC75XLT scanner recently and have been very happy with it until now. I noticed in the 'other' band which is supposed to be for FRS, GMRS, & MURS it will not pick up FRS/GMRS broadcasts. I have tried with several transceivers I own and none of them come through. MURS picks up ok though. I have even selected a specific frequency like FRS channel 1 and turned off the squelch and transmitted but still nothing. Has anyone else tested the BC75XLT with FRS/GMRS??

10/23 update:
I did some further testing today. I have several sets of frs/gmrs radios and I found that some are picked up on the scanner and some are not. For example I have two Kenwood Freetalk 3131 radios. I can put both on an FRS channel such as channel 1 and one is picked up by the Uniden scanner and the other is not. Both Kenwoods talk to each other fine on the same channel. What could possibly cause this? It doesn't make any sense.

tkerins

Ok, i think the mystery is solved. I considered the possibility that the scanner was being overloaded by the radio being too close. I did another test with the radios further away from the scanner and all radios were then picked up so it must have been an issue with signal being too strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.