Uniden BC785D? Project 25 Standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It will not work on systems with a 9600 baud control channel. It will work on 3600 baud Ohio MARCS for now, though!

Never heard of 3900 baud

Last edited:

n2mdk

K8TEK said:
It will not work on systems with a 9600 baud control channel. It will work on 3600 baud Ohio MARCS for now, though!

Never heard of 3900 baud

That's a typo should be 3600.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
you CAN "listen" to this....

I think. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If you program just the frquencies for your area as conventional frequencies(not trunked) and do not program the control channel. You should hear everything. You will not get talkgroup ID's and will not be able to lock-out talkgroups. If anyone in your area uses encryption you will have to put up with the garbles, dogcatcher, street maint., everything.

It probably won't be very enjoyable if there are a lot of encrypted talkgroups in your area. It may get you by until you can come up with a scanner that will handle 9600 baud, though.

jeff.

ICP963

Feed Provider
JStemann said:
I think. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If you program just the frquencies for your area as conventional frequencies(not trunked) and do not program the control channel. You should hear everything. You will not get talkgroup ID's and will not be able to lock-out talkgroups. If anyone in your area uses encryption you will have to put up with the garbles, dogcatcher, street maint., everything.

It probably won't be very enjoyable if there are a lot of encrypted talkgroups in your area. It may get you by until you can come up with a scanner that will handle 9600 baud, though.

jeff.
Actually the 785D as the audio radio and a Pro96 or Pro296 and the PRO96COMM software it will work on a 9600 system with LOTS of extra info tossed in too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.