Status
Not open for further replies.

jefbrehar

I'm new to the new Police systems. My question is, If I buy the Uniden BC785D with the APCO 25 card, will I be able to pick up the Indianapolis Metro Police and the Greenwood, Indiana Police with this scanner? I think they are both on the APCO 25 system.

jerk

I'm new to the new Police systems. My question is, If I buy the Uniden BC785D with the APCO 25 card, will I be able to pick up the Indianapolis Metro Police and the Greenwood, Indiana Police with this scanner? I think they are both on the APCO 25 system.

Yes and no.
Yes you will receive both and conventional digital as well.
However, the scanner is an older model and there is rebanding coming up and I'm not sure it will handle it.

Google rebanding and that scanner and also check for the firmware updates available, but I think Uniden is not updating it anymore.

I would wait and buy a newer model unless you are getting a heck of a deal.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
The 250/785 will not work on MECA as they do not decode the 9600 baud CC. It will also not support any Moto system that has been rebanded. It will, however, work for SAFE-T until rebanding is completed, which is a long time away.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The 785 cannot be updated for rebanding - it's firmware is locked, as I understand it, in the CPU and not addressible by flash updates like the 796 can.

No need to use Google; our wiki has an extensive article on rebanding here (just click on the blue text)

73 Mike

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
IF you already had the 785 and the p25 card. You could listen by programming all of the voice channels in as conventional freqs. You would not be able to trunk track and you would not be able to lockout or identify talkgroups, but you could hear them.

I would NOT go out and buy a 785, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.