BC796D: Uniden BC796D continues scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vezra

I have a BC796D that I have programmed for Michigan's Public Safety Communications System(Motorola type 2/p25 800mhz) and I have the talk groups in for my area and it scans and picks up the conversations, but it will listen for about 2 seconds and then start scanning again while the conversation is still going. I tired setting the delay to 4 seconds and even have set it to indefinite so I should have to press rsm to continue scanning, however it still listens for 2 seconds and then continue scanning. I have also tied hitting hold when a conversation is going and it still starts scanning again. Is there some setting I am missing? I have used proscan to program it and also programmed it manually to see if i had missed something.

Any help would be welcomed.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have a BC796D that I have programmed for Michigan's Public Safety Communications System(Motorola type 2/p25 800mhz) and I have the talk groups in for my area and it scans and picks up the conversations, but it will listen for about 2 seconds and then start scanning again while the conversation is still going. I tired setting the delay to 4 seconds and even have set it to indefinite so I should have to press rsm to continue scanning, however it still listens for 2 seconds and then continue scanning. I have also tied hitting hold when a conversation is going and it still starts scanning again. Is there some setting I am missing? I have used proscan to program it and also programmed it manually to see if i had missed something.

Any help would be welcomed.
Turn the Resume Scan/Search off. It's located in the upper right corner of the program. If you don't see it then click the little box circled in red.
Resume Scan_Search.png

Vezra

Thank you so much its now letting conversations finish and then going back to scanning as it should. It was driving me nuts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.