Uniden BC796D Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmingus120

I currently own a Uniden BC796D scanner. I'm having a problem with the squelch knob turning when I either turn off the radio or turn up the volum. I have tried to unstick the squelch knob from sticking to the volume knob but nothing I've done seems to work.
I would like to know if anyone has the same problem and what you did to unstick the squelch knob from the volume control knob.
Dan

wesct

dmingus120 said:
I currently own a Uniden BC796D scanner. I'm having a problem with the squelch knob turning when I either turn off the radio or turn up the volum. I have tried to unstick the squelch knob from sticking to the volume knob but nothing I've done seems to work.
I would like to know if anyone has the same problem and what you did to unstick the squelch knob from the volume control knob.
Dan

generally, the problem is with a bent shaft. if you are careful, you can straighten it out.

good luck

wesct

jringo2u

my new one outa the box has this problem as well and its a major pain, for the price they should have at least your town and county programmed in

Status
Not open for further replies.