UNIDEN BC796D WYOLINK HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CCB

I have channel 380 base 138.000 step 12.5 that still don't make it sound clear.. maybe i should take the BCI-96 card out and take a Q-Tip of IPA on the contacts and then dry it on the other side of the Q-TIP and then re-set the card and try it again... ??

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I have channel 380 base 138.000 step 12.5 that still don't make it sound clear.. maybe i should take the BCI-96 card out and take a Q-Tip of IPA on the contacts and then dry it on the other side of the Q-TIP and then re-set the card and try it again... ??

Good deal! Glad you have it working mostly.

Did you try the hidden P25 tuning menu? I think its explained around page 51 or so in the owners manual.
It's where you hit Hold on an active talkgroup and then hold the 9 key in until the menu appears.
Once there, you can rotate the tuning knob and adjust the P25 threshold for the best decode.
I know every system is different but our VHF statewide system here in Missouri gave me the best decode quality with the left number set at close to 900 something. If you never tried that, it's worth doing as it can make a difference.
I had a hard time doing it as the conversations are so short.
You need to enter the menu when talk is active and then if they go silent, I just waited until they started talking again on the talkgroup and frequency I was sitting on until I was able to finally zero in on the best setting.
I had to do the same thing for an 800 MHz system here also as the 796 stores your P25 setting separately for each band.

I'm also not sure I have the correct custom table entries here.
One of the sites here needs two custom table entries while another site only needs one. I was able to use Pro96com to figure that out.

Good luck with it all!

tyytor

Hi i looked through my files and checked the bc296d with arc250 and found the following information,
not sure were it came from? double checked some of it with unitrunker, here is the edited file for WY and SD trunking systems that worked for me,
these are the table settings from Cheyenne to Sheridan WY minus the 800 sites that did not need a trunking table, kc0ccb if he wants?,
add talk groups "Trunking >ID groups" section of arc250 of the zip file, hope this helps a little.
1 150.9950 15.0 380
2 146.7775 15.0 758 ( this rounded to 146.780 but worked ok )
3 146.7750 5.0 758

Attachments

• BC796D_kc0ccb_08_30_20.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 3

KC0CCB

Hi i looked through my files and checked the bc296d with arc250 and found the following information,
not sure were it came from? double checked some of it with unitrunker, here is the edited file for WY and SD trunking systems that worked for me,
these are the table settings from Cheyenne to Sheridan WY minus the 800 sites that did not need a trunking table, kc0ccb if he wants?,
add talk groups "Trunking >ID groups" section of arc250 of the zip file, hope this helps a little.
1 150.9950 15.0 380
3 146.7750 5.0 758
it should help me out a bunch..thanks dude :)

tyytor

it should help me out a bunch..thanks dude :)
Hi almost forgot when you program the frequencies for the sites you will need to go click turn ON trunk columns then it will trunk track with the cc and alt. in my notes I made a point because I made that mistake, you are welcome.👍

Last edited:

KC0CCB

1 150.9950 15.0 380
3 146.7750 5.0 758
what sites did you use your BC-296D on the WYOLINK ?? i have tried the tables you gave me here and the other one i've posted.. both aren't giving me good clear audio no matter what i do..

tyytor

what sites did you use your BC-296D on the WYOLINK ?? i have tried the tables you gave me here and the other one i've posted.. both aren't giving me good clear audio no matter what i do..
Hi looked at the video you posted and that is the bad thing about digital, it is there or it is not,
For the last few years I have been using local Wyoming towers when I was traveling and in SD ( Rapid city)
I would use a vhf 4 element yagi on the Warren peak tower it made it go from marginal like yours to good decode.

KC0CCB

Hi looked at the video you posted and that is the bad thing about digital, it is there or it is not,
For the last few years I have been using local Wyoming towers when I was traveling and in SD ( Rapid city)
I would use a vhf 4 element yagi on the Warren peak tower it made it go from marginal like yours to good decode.
okay good...yeah i have a good signal from the Newcastle site here in Edgemont.. did you ever listen on Newcastle or Lusk ??

tyytor

okay good...yeah i have a good signal from the Newcastle site here in Edgemont.. did you ever listen on Newcastle or Lusk ??
Hi ya i would go through your area from rapid city and had both sites and others north and south from there plugged in my bcd436hp with a a mag mount with good results ( SD and WY) of course no tables required.

tyytor

ive been thinking i could have interference to why the WYOLINK wont come in clear on voice..it always sounds Off Frequency here..
Hi that is very possible that is the case, and the fact the the front end of that scanner is not very tight and rounds of frequencies, my bc296d is the same way.

tyytor

Hi I would try running unitrunker on the site and look in the tables section of the program, it should tell what the site is telling the real radios, I have not been up there in a long time to map out the sites, I am not sure I can get any skip from that site down south east way, also if control channel is the 151.925 it may have interference from business radio from Terry peak? It is also MURS radio so it is sometimes not licensed.

what other custom tables could i try on the 796d ??

Last edited:

KC0CCB

Hi I would try running unitrunker on the site and look in the tables section of the program, it should tell what the site is telling the real radios, I have not been up there in a long time to map out the sites, I am not sure I can get any skip from that site down south east way, also if control channel is the 151.925 it may have interference from business radio from Terry peak? It is also MURS radio so it is sometimes not licensed.
:) okay will try that...

what settings for SOUND QUALITY worked best for you all the time for this system.. currently have : LOW as 958 MID as 2085 HIGH as 3290

tyytor

Hi not sure what those are set to, never messed with those "default " seemed to work ok, maybe not perfect though,
but never lived far away from a site like your location with out a yagi pointed to it.
You also might have some microwave interference messing with you signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.