Uniden bc898t Fleetmap Difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASE

Hello. I will try to explain clearly my difficulty here. With the bc898t scanner I have finally figured out how to enter in frequencies, talkgroups and selecting fleetmaps. But the problem is no matter what fleetmap system I put in, I am not picking up anything at all. For example I tried here Toronto (West District) Trunking System, Etobicoke/York, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies and here London Fire Dept Trunking System, London, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies I tried turning status bit on and off and nothing. I am looking forward to any solutions. My area is in Canada in the Richmond Hill area.

Thank you very much.

ASE

SCPD

QRT
ASE... I have had the 898T for years, and it is a GREAT radio. If only the manual showed all the option's you can do. Like Control Channel Only and which plan to use. I found that info on page 46 & 47 of the BCT-8 manual. Just to make sure you know after you chose which bank you want the system in you can turn the VFO knob to E1 hit E and program your fleet map. All the systems in my area are type 2 so I just have to hit E2. If you want check this fourm for some of the posts that I have entered about most of the hidden option's. I found most of them by TRY & ERROR.

Mark

ASE

To Investigator. I tried with both. The BCT8 and the BC898T and no luck. I tried every cc control channel plan. I still don't hear anything. I am using a telescopic antenna pictured here http://www.directdepot.net/images/BATY-0451001.JPG I am picking up LTR, EDACS, E2-800, and E2-900 but I am not picking up anything on E1 and I do know to press enter for frequencies. I first put in the fleetmaps, then the talkgroups and frequencies and still nothing. Could you please list the forum areas for your hidden solutions? :) :)

ASE

SCPD

QRT
ASE...

1 Prog F
2 Prog ID
3 Scn List
4 Off On *** Have NO idea what it is for but in the Off it will NOT trunk***
5 S-bit *** Page 46 of the BCT-8 manual***
6 Eot *** Page 47 of the BCT-8 manual***
7 CC Only Pl 1,2,3,4 *** Page 46 of the BCT-8 manual***
8 ID Lout

*** After you finish doing one option hit the data button and it will return to the options***

Hope this helps you
Mark

SCPD

QRT
ASE...

Meant to write you should prog the freqs first, then enter the fleetmap codes, then enter the ID's.. In your last post you wrote that you did the fleetmap first.

Mark

ASE

Yes. I did an experiment where I put in fleetmap codes, then talkgroups and frequencies which did not work. But I will try your suggestions. Thank you. Sorry I have trouble explaining myself sometimes.

ASE

I know about all those options and most of them are on and I still don't pick up anything. But thank you trying.

ASE

When I pres SRC after I put in all the frequencies, fleetmaps and ids do I still search this in trunking mode? because I noticed when I turned off trunking I picked up something in conventional mode.

ASE

ASE

Sorry again for posting so many questions but what does Mot and TT stand for?

SCPD

QRT
Motorola.. U must be listening to a Motorola system not a ED system... If u programmed all the info push scan not search. It should go thru all the ID's u put in.

SCPD

QRT
ASE... After u hold down the trunk button and it beeps and them chose which bank u want to put it in.

Program the freqs for the system in...

hit the data button to go back to the options...

turn the VFO knob til u get to E1 and hit enter....

The first bank comes up and turn the VFO knob to the setting (S0-S12) not sure what it is for the sytem u are programming. Hit E and the next setting will come up turn the knob to that setting and hit E. Go thru each one til they are all in.....

Hit the data button to go back to the option's and turn knob to Prog ID....

Enter each ID the same way. The first ID will have a 1 and ------ til u enter the ID and hit E....
Turn the knob and it will go to 2 and ----- enter that ID.

After u enter all the ID's you can just hit scan and it will track all the ID's u programmed....

Hope this helps u
Mark

Merry Christmas to u and your family!

ASE

Hello Investigator. I have done all that. I have been choosing E1 and then pressing E. I enter in all the frequencies. After that I have been trying to enter in fleetmaps according to this one Christie & Walther #2 Trunking System, Ottawa, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies and even all the other ones that include fleetmaps. I tried every option. I still don't pick up anything. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well. I think I should buy a better scanner. I Have the BCt8 scanner and the BC898t and they both don't work for fleetmaps.

SCPD

QRT
Sorry I could not help u, but the 898T is a GREAT radio. It has been going fine for five years.. Maybe u can give the radio a hard reset. (Hold 2+9+manual and turn the radio on) Dont let go of the buttons til it clears. What firmware is on the radio? (Hold 2+4+9 and turn the radio on) it will show either 1.27 (SED7H) or 1.29 (EF9SH) which is the newest firmware except the one for rebanding.

Mark

SCPD

QRT
You could try programming the control channels in the radio as conventinal channels and see if one makes noise and the others have traffic on them.. Maybe the system is no more?

Mark

ASE

Yes I agree. It is a great radio. I pick up alot on the LTR sytems, 800 and 900 channels. Do you pick up any fleetmap frequencies on yours? if so, what system did you put in?

SCPD

QRT
No systems in my area are type1 and need a fleetmap... All systems here are type 2 and need no fleet maps... I listen to the Va Beach and Also the Norfolk systems. Hampton is the only ED system in the area. Newport News is also type 2.

Mark

ASE

I see. I can pick up EDACS as well where I live. I just wish I can pick up E1 systems. I guess Richmond Hill doesn't have any either. Thank you for your help. Sorry to bother you so much. ::) :)

ASE

SCPD

QRT
Thats ok... Like I said reset the radio, and start over. Also check the firmare. U can go to the Wiki section here and download the newest firmware. Also put in the freq in convent mode a c what happens.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.