Uniden BC92XLT question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank927

OK i am completely new to all of this. I just bought a Uniden BC92XLT Scanner a few days ago. I got the frequency for the local police dept. from a friend who has a scanner, for some reason on my scanner though won't pick it up, all I hear is a continuous obnoxious sound that sounds like a motor running, whats the deal? I know its the correct frequency because it I have used his before and everything worked fine, his is just a different kind of handheld uniden scanner (don't know the model though)

captclint

Mentor
OK i am completely new to all of this. I just bought a Uniden BC92XLT Scanner a few days ago. I got the frequency for the local police dept. from a friend who has a scanner, for some reason on my scanner though won't pick it up, all I hear is a continuous obnoxious sound that sounds like a motor running
Welcome to RR. Most likely the agency is digital or uses control channel trunking. Your scanner doesn't do either. You didn't say what county/state and what freq. If you provide, maybe we can confirm.

Frank927

It is atlantic county, new jersey. freq. 852.250. what kind of scanner should i get if i return this one? just looking for a simple handheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.