Uniden BCD 396XT incompatible with freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
I just went through all the codes imported and got everything ready just to get a message that my scanner is incompatible.

:-(

Freescan

I just went through all the codes imported and got everything ready just to get a message that my scanner is incompatible.

:-(

I've been using it for 6 or 7 years on 396XT.

From the "Help" menu:

"Assaf's FreeSCAN 2.05 Written by Assaf Shool
This program is Freeware. If you enjoy using this program, please consider a donation to help with development efforts.
This version supports the SC230, BC246T, UBC3500XLT, UBC800XLT, BR330T, BCD396T, BC346XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BCD996XT, BCT15, and BCD996T scanners.
Thanks goes out to all of you who donated your time and through PayPal, with which without your help this program would not have been possible.
Use at your own risk. (This program contains proprietary Uniden control codes.)
See Local index - HTTrack Website Copier for updates and information."

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
Its got something to do with the COM port settings.
Going to try another computer

do you now just plug the supplied cord to the scanner and then to a USB port?

teufler

well if you downloaded from RR, you have the correct com port.. Check the com port again, do a shift f1, then click the tab for com port setup, then click the tab for start auto. This lets Freescan select the com port that the scanner and computer will talk to each other. Sometimes the computer and Freescan lose their settings.

kmi8dy

if your trying to program dmr. freescan is not set up for dmr. just thought i would throw that in, just in case you were trying to program dmr. if you hand programmed dmr, free scan does not know what it is when you bring up on screen systems. freescan will stop and display critical error when it comes into contact with a dmr system.

BorisBadinov

well if you downloaded from RR, you have the correct com port.. Check the com port again, do a shift f1, then click the tab for com port setup, then click the tab for start auto. This lets Freescan select the com port that the scanner and computer will talk to each other. Sometimes the computer and Freescan lose their settings.
Very helpful, thanks. I've had a BCD 396XT for almost 4 years, and programmed it (and controlled it) with Freescan with very little difficulty, but your tip will come in handy when I receive my BCD 996XT.
Thanks for contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.