Uniden BCD 436 HP

skon12

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way of changing the UID # to a talk group #TGID?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Do you mean text tag a UID (Radio ID) to a specific user (ex.100001..Engine 1)? Yes, it can be done.

Ubbe

Is there a way of changing the UID # to a talk group #TGID?
UID are linked to the system. There can only be one unique UID in the whole system. If you are trying to change a UID to instead be a TG then you can do that by copy and paste in Sentinel and then delete the UID.

Or is it in the database that you would like to make the change? Explain more what you would like to do.

/Ubbe

skon12

Premium Subscriber
I would like to change the talk group number in my database to appear on the TGID display on my scanner. Can this be done, and if so, how?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I would like to change the talk group number in my database to appear on the TGID display on my scanner. Can this be done, and if so, how?

Ok so now...you want to eliminate the Text Tag of a Talkgroup that you appended, to appear as the actual Talkgroup number instead? Answer...yes, it can be done if that's what you intend to do.

Ubbe

The TG number and text tag are always shown on the display. If you would like to see the UID, who is transmitting, you press function button and then 9 to toggle the UID mode on and off.

If you want to change the text tag for a TG or UID then you append that system to a favorite list in Sentinel and then edit it.

If you only scan from database and not favorites then you'll have to edit the file in the SD cards HPDB folder that corresponds to the state you're in.

The UID number will show if it has no text tag but will only show the text and no number if it has a text tag programmed. You can add the number in the text tag but there's only a limited number of characters that can be displayed.

/Ubbe

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
Similar question. I am trying to identify a talk group ID from a nearby radio. Using close call I get a freq and nam, how can I identify the tg? Thanks all

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I was trying to set up the scanner so it would show the talk group in close call when the scanner is beside the radio when it is keyed