UNIDEN BCD 436HP vs.TRX1

Status
Not open for further replies.

winmag45

Just put in an order for the 436HP.Guess I'm second guessing myself after reading some the online posts.Is the TRX1 a better unit?Ive had Unidens for years and they have served me well.I did order it with the DMR upgrade as I plan on using it for that.Any input is appreciated.Thanks

ChrisABQ

My newer model BCD436HP is fantastic. Everything works great, good reception on all bands. I added the ProVoice upgrade easily and it functions great. Bought the RS 800 antenna for it and still receive great on UHF and VHF as well. You made a good choice.

K1TSL

Ditto on the above reply. I just did the DMR upgrade myself last week and now I've added a few more things to listen to as a result. Like anything, opinions will vary and some folks have had some valid issues. I've been very pleased with mine and I consider to be one of the best scanners I've owned (and I've owned dozens.) Grab the RS 800mhz antenna and you'll be in good shape.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I have an early model 436HP, I bought when it first came out. Don't second guess the decision, the 436 is a great radio. I have my issues with it, but I have no regrets about buying it.

I have a TRX-1 too. Again, a great radio.

The biggest difference between both radios at the moment, is that Whistler is offering a free upgrade to NXDN when available for the TRX series. No word yet from Uniden about an NXDN upgrade for the x36 series. I doubt Uniden will offer a free upgrade if/when they make NXDN available.

Nasby

Since you asked in the Uniden Forum, you'll likely get pro Uniden answers.

Ask in the Whistler Forum and you will get answers saying that the TRX is the way to go.

I have both units and I like them both. Each has its strong and weak points.

Often, which scanner is "better" comes down to the system(s) you are wanting to scan.

The TRX handles some systems better than the 436 and vice versa.

Hopefully, your 436 will perform well for you. If not, you could probably return it and try the TRX.

winmag45

Thanks for the replys.I think I will be happy with it.Ive had many of the Uniden radios so I'm familiar with the brand.There doesn't seem to be any major problems with either Uniden or Whistler.But of course once you start reading the posts your head explodes.Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.