UNIDEN BCD 996T cost????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqtrebor

just wondering what you think is a fair price for this ..........in canada well at least where im from its about 550 cnd to buy this ..........is this a good deal or too much???
just don't want to get ripped off

MetalCarnage

gqtrebor said:
just wondering what you think is a fair price for this ..........in canada well at least where im from its about 550 cnd to buy this ..........is this a good deal or too much???
just don't want to get ripped off

Whoa, where do live, if it was that cheap here i would have bought one already, where are u looking at? 550USD i could see, but 996T new 550CDN seems way to good

wyldman

That is still less than you can buy for up here in Canada,but..........

Your going to have to pay brokerage (fees to get it through customs),duty (not sure if they will charge this or not on scanners),and any applicable provincial and federal taxes based on the Canadian value of the product.

You will save some money,but expect to have to pay the delivery man some extra to cover the expenses incurred at the border.

IF you have a problem though,and have to ship it back to the US supplier,then the savings are lost,as you'll have to ship it back.You can't just run down to your local radio shop if you have a problem with it.Sometimes it's worth the extra to purchase it locally.

Last edited:

scanman9

where abouts

hi there i just bought one from the states it cost $521 incl shipping i checked alot of places here in canada before i bought in the states. where are you thinking of purchasing from . i would like to know.

thanks

MetalCarnage

gqtrebor said:
with shipping and everything it's excatly 660.34 CAD
that still a good deal?

Ya, as stated its a good deal but expect to pay about 750ish after border costs, or at least thats what two ppl i have talked too ended up pay after border costs and all. Good luck though

gqtrebor

yea still thinking about it its a big purchase .......the scanner is from ebay and there would be no boarder fees cause its located in canada.....

SCPD

QRT
I would be careful if the deal sounds to good to be true from EEEEeeeebay.

If something goes wrong you might be wishing you'd spent a few extra dollars. I went through RR recommended scannermaster.com for mine. No issues, Prompt delivery. Yes, you might pay a broker fee, yes you might end up paying GST and PST. But you will have a real contact that can help you should something go wrong. Perhaps you should consider it a mild form of insurance. Remember too that the dollar is closer than it has been in a long time at the moment (it'll cost you about 13 or 14 cents per dollar).

As an OT side note: Outrageous taxation? I don't hear too many Americans *****ing about taxes as they pile buckets of our cheap, delicious drugs into their vehicles to head back across the borders. Didn't hear much grumbling when the U.S. dollar was worth $1.45-$1.50 here either. Remember, we don't have quite the same size tax base as the U.S. does. As an American you have a choice not to "deal" with what you refer to as outrageious taxation, just stay out. Us Canadians do not currently have any choice on our tax--At least not until that day when George W decides to invade us to search out and remove our multitude of weapons of mass destruction and save us from ourselves.

STiMULi

wheelchair said:
As an OT side note: . Us Canadians do not currently have any choice on our tax--At least not until that day when George W decides to invade us to search out and remove our multitude of weapons of mass destruction and save us from ourselves.

I just asked a question.

You need to be saved from yourself.

Save your rant for the Tavern...

SCPD

QRT
STiMULi said:
I just asked a question.

You need to be saved from yourself.

Save your rant for the Tavern...

And I answered it. You don't like it. Not my problem. Delete it, close it, jump up and down and do a dance over it, ban me for talking out of turn whatever. Seems whenever a Canadian stands up and takes notice here we get pissed on and it really needs to be controlled.

It was in all honesty a light hearted comeback to your half assed comment er, question.

On the other hand "You need to be saved from yourself". Is anything but and I consider this a personal attack which was not called for.

Quite frankly the question you asked had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. I at least marked my comment as OT after providing information that I felt would be helpful to the OP. So...YOU perhaps should wander over to the tavern instead of hijacking a thread and then making personal insults when none were called for.

Oh look there I go RANTING AGAIN AND NOW I'M EVEN YELLING. I would have put this in the tavern but they'd not know what the hell I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.