Uniden BCD325 P2 - help appreciated

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi.

Made the plunge and am picking up a BCD325 P2.

I'm posting and requesting:

I will probably get Freescan for this. I haven't used freestanding in almost 10 years. I have an old laptop I use for programming software and the like. I'm hoping that the laptop will even be able to run it. I have ARC and Sentinel for other radios it runs.. .

If it was possible, I'd like to know if anyone here could possibly send me screen shots or something. For instance I'll probably run FleetNet to begin. I might want to use only Charlton tower to begin, or maybe I'll build a quick key for The GTA/GHA.

At some point today I'll try to download Freescan. I probably don't need a file, been here as long as anyone on this site so pls I appreciate if anyone could just send me a screen shot. Send me a message, I'll give out my cell# for texts or whatever there.

Thanks in advance.

E

mciupa

Hi Eric.

It's a nice little radio, especially if you are going to add DMR and NXDN. I like that I can also use it with Pro96.com for data.

Take a look at which talkgroup categories I put in. I mention this as FreeScan has limitations. For instance, the Corrections subcategory is large, over 20 talkgroups and seldom used, I didn't bother including it in my file. Same for MTO, so many groups, you have to whittle it down to something manageable.
Untitled.png

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi Eric.

It's a nice little radio, especially if you are going to add DMR and NXDN. I like that I can also use it with Pro96.com for data.

Take a look at which talkgroup categories I put in. I mention this as FreeScan has limitations. For instance, the Corrections subcategory is large, over 20 talkgroups and seldom used, I didn't bother including it in my file. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
Mike: That was fast!! We go way back!!
I'm doing some research as we speak it looks like Proscan or ARC might be the way to go since FreeScan isn't supported these days.

Since the 436/SDS days I've preferred Sentinel over ARC so I might try Proscan.

If anyone uses either and wants to come forward I'd appreciate it.

gary123

I like ProScan over Sentinel. For editing system information I usually use ARC but for day to day operation ProScan is the best.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I managed to download ARC for the 325, PROSCAN Wouldn't work on my craptop, lol.

So if anyone who uses the 325 or I think 996 P2 ARC, can anyone screen shot what it looks like for FleetNet and for maybe a system like Toronto or Halton.

Been here 20+ years, love to help and have helped many, extremely appreciated all the help I've had in the past.

The next part will be the upgrade. Jackson Square security is extremely fun to listen to on my other scanners

gary123

Eric maybe someone can share a .hpd(right extension?) file and save you having to create one from scratch. You may be able to import a Freescan file or something out of the sentinel DB.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Made the plunge and am picking up a BCD325 P2.
I use ARC-XT Basic for programming my BCD325P2. The Pro version adds virtual control and logging. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 12

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I use ARC-XT Basic for programming my BCD325P2. The Pro version adds virtual control and logging. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:
Thank you sir. I bought ARC PRO software and updated my membership here. I was getting tired of cutting and pasting with spreadsheets and from other scanners.

ARC can be a little bit temperamental to use, 20+ years now but it's fine.

It should work on Win. 7 SP1 and above in all cases.
Didn't work for me, forgot what it said but I couldn't open it

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Didn't work for me, forgot what it said but I couldn't open it
Perhaps if you want to try to install ProScan again on your laptop (as long as it is running Win7 SP1 or above) and let us know specifically and exactly what the error message says, we could help you with that. ProScan does definitely run on that OS, and really doesn't require too much in the way of system resources.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Since your a premium subscriber look at these videos for freescan if this can help you.

=================
Windows 7? I have updated a few PC's to windows 10 successfully and its 100% free, ARC programs and freescan work fine on 10.

Its actually easy to upgrade to windows 10 and.... its FREE! I've done it a few different times takes a 1-3 hours depending on the system.
It only took~10 minutes on this pc with an ssd drive. You can select while in the creation tool to 'Update PC now' option.

Where it asks for the windows serial #, I skipped it and once on the net it was activated.
Additionally when it asks for the Microsoft login, to bypass that, disconnect your pc from the net, once your past that, reconnect.

Only question will be, you can delete all files and start new or keep the files. You'll then have plenty of security updates that you are not getting on 7 and at some point if they haven't already, browsers/web sites/software will stop supporting 7. Granted windows 10 will suffer the same fate for its end of life starting October 14, 2025.

WIndows 10 Download Windows 10

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
It sounds good. As good as 436 and SDS in my opinion

Since your a premium subscriber look at these videos for freescan if this can help you.

=================
Windows 7? I have updated a few PC's to windows 10 successfully and its 100% free, ARC programs and freescan work fine on 10.

Its actually easy to upgrade to windows 10 and.... its FREE! I've done it a few different times takes a 1-3 hours depending on the system.
It only took~10 minutes on this pc with an ssd drive. You can select while in the creation tool to 'Update PC now' option.

Where it asks for the windows serial #, I skipped it and once on the net it was activated.
Additionally when it asks for the Microsoft login, to bypass that, disconnect your pc from the net, once your past that, reconnect.

Only question will be, you can delete all files and start new or keep the files. You'll then have plenty of security updates that you are not getting on 7 and at some point if they haven't already, browsers/web sites/software will stop supporting 7. Granted windows 10 will suffer the same fate for its end of life starting October 14, 2025.

WIndows 10 Download Windows 10
Thanks for this. The computer in question is gonna be replaced soon and I'll keep using this old one just for programming and such

VA3JPX

A couple of things to keep in mind about Freescan is that:

1) It doesn't support DMR on the BCD 325P2.
2) If you have a long password for your RadioReference account, it won't log in. I forget what the character limit is.