Uniden BCD325P2 Flashing On-Screen Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlp85x

I purchased a second BCD325P2 today and noticed that when I access its menu, the text on-screen flashes constantly like a heartbeat. The issue has nothing to do with the backlight and it does it using batteries or the USB connection. My first BCD325P2, which has the identical programming file installed via FreeScan, does not have this issue at all. The new 325P2 seems to work fine otherwise and picks up the same signals without a flashing screen, it just flashes when I access the menu. I connected the new 325P2 to ProScan's virtual on-screen control and the menu doesn't flash on the computer while it does on the scanner itself. I'm debating if it is defective and if I need to return it, or if this is just a bug that doesn't affect anything else. I tried searching the forum and found nothing. Any help is appreciated!

if this is just a bug that doesn't affect anything else. I tried searching the forum and found nothing. Any help is appreciated!
Mine doesn't do that either.

What happens when you compare Firmware levels?

Settings---> See scanner info----->Firmware Version

dlp85x

I should add, when I land on some of the menu options, like set attenuator, it doesn't flash. But when I press menu again to go back, it starts again.

dlp85x

That's the issue. I'm not sure if doing that would cause issues should I have to return it for a defect. Is there a way to revert back to factory 1.06.00?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Why would you want to revert to 1.06.00? You may lose the capability for the DMR and NXDN upgrades. They reside in later versions of the firmware. 1.08.01 is the latest version. You should update the firmware in both scanners. I have no problems with 1.08.01 in my BCD325P2.

Last edited:

dlp85x

I updated it to 1.08.01 and it seems to be improved. It doesn't blink now when I press menu or when I select something, but it does in the second-level menu when I press on something. The rate of flashing now isn't as fast as before, for what it's worth. Thanks again for your help--since this is a brand new purchase, I'm going to call the store tomorrow to see my options before calling Uniden--I'd rather just exchange or return it vs. having it repaired if needed, given the hassle involved with sending it out and everything.

dlp85x

tvengr and wtp, great questions. I'm not new to using scanners (I had them at a previous job) but I am fairly new to having my own, and I was just concerned the store would figure out it was updated and accuse me of causing the problem somehow with the firmware upgrade, given the cost involved if I was to exchange or return it as defective. I guess I am wrong!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try holding the 2, 9, and HOLD buttons while turning on the scanner. That will do a factory reset. I believe that will erase your programming. Make sure you have the files available to reprogram the scanner before doing the reset.

dlp85x

Thanks tvengr! I tested the menu after doing the reset and the menu was flashing, but after adding the same programming file as before, it blinked only twice with me actively going through the menu constantly for the past few minutes. I tried again and it was solid, no blinking. I may give it a day or two and if it continues to be fine, then leave it be. But if it acts up again, contact the store I purchased it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.