Uniden BCD346XT Audio Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachgallop

This week I had noticed my BCD346XT has almost kinda went mute when picking up frequencies. It still receives the frequencies that are broadcasting. The audio has to be turned all the way up to 15 and I have to put it against my ear to hear barley a thing. You slightly hear the Audio coming thru the frequency but background audio seems to be covering heavily. The key press audio seems to work normally when I turn it on. So it is not likely a bad speaker. It makes no difference almost on head phones and speakers. I did have it plugged into an audio jack of a computer for Zello, the same week. In addition, I reset it to see if I would resolve the issue and so far no luck. Is this something to do with the squelch and how would I fix it?

Is this something to do with the squelch and how would I fix it?
It has nothing to do with Squelch.

Either the speaker is bad or the contacts in the earphone jack are stuck.

Try inserting the plug into the jack a few times and see if it gets louder again. If not, you'll need to send it in.

Reactions: wtp

zachgallop

It has nothing to do with Squelch.

Either the speaker is bad or the contacts in the earphone jack are stuck.

Try inserting the plug into the jack a few times and see if it gets louder again. If not, you'll need to send it in.

Will try that. Does not seem to be a bad speaker because when I turn on the annoying key press it is really loud and it also does also do it on headphones as well as car speakers. It is likely something with the jack then. Just seems weird with all the background noise.

Ubbe

It sounds as if the scanner are working in AM mode and not FM. Try a channel with a lot af activity and puch E to quick save it and edit the modulation between AM/FM/NFM and listen if the audio changes. Does the display still say it is FM or NFM? You probably have to push the upper sidebutton to see the modulation type.

/Ubbe

zachgallop

It sounds as if the scanner are working in AM mode and not FM. Try a channel with a lot af activity and puch E to quick save it and edit the modulation between AM/FM/NFM and listen if the audio changes. Does the display still say it is FM or NFM? You probably have to push the upper sidebutton to see the modulation type.

/Ubbe
It is in FM and NFM modes. I tried it on a weather channel. It picks up the signal I turn up my volume offset you can hear it more clearly, without as much background. Tried taking audio cords in and out. This happend right after I use a computer with a single headphone jack for Zello. My other computer I usually use for my Zello feed has two one for a microphone input with another for headphones/speakers. It is having issues with it as well it cuts it off and on when putting the audio over Zello. It seems to be something with the Audio jack. Probably screwed it up some how with that different computer.

wtp

try a set of computer speakers.
and then pull the plug out and put it back in a couple of times.
i have even used the end of my shoelace to fix the 396T and my 396XT.
it seems to be common.

zachgallop

Tried both of those also. I hear a huge amount of background noises on the speaker and the key buttons. I can barley hear the voices on the frequency. Thank you for your help! Maybe it will just start working again. If anyone else has an suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.