Uniden BCD396T Interrupts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffwilliston

I am NEW to scanning but have managed to have programmed local South Carolina frequencies (most on Motorolla II). Whenever I am scanning, whatever I am listening to (whether in "hold" or not), the signal drops off, for a split second, every two seconds. It is enough to lose words, or at the minimum, a part of a word. Thus, when listening to a continuous transmission (one longer than two seconds), the audio cuts out for a split second. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way things are? My dumb.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
ffwilliston said:
I am NEW to scanning but have managed to have programmed local South Carolina frequencies (most on Motorolla II). Whenever I am scanning, whatever I am listening to (whether in "hold" or not), the signal drops off, for a split second, every two seconds. It is enough to lose words, or at the minimum, a part of a word. Thus, when listening to a continuous transmission (one longer than two seconds), the audio cuts out for a split second. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way things are? My dumb.

Check to make sure that either Close Call or weather alert (or both) are turned OFF. Enabling these features will cause the "hiccup" every two seconds.

ffwilliston

Thank You!

Wow, so simple and yet so effective. Thanky you; you have made the scanner MUCH more enjoyalble.

yaesumofo

a simple search of the forums and or a look at the FAQ would have yielded the same results maybe even quicker.
Yaesumofo

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
ffwilliston said:
Wow, so simple and yet so effective. Thanky you; you have made the scanner MUCH more enjoyalble.

Also if your listening to a Analog system you will want to go into ARC396bata and set the bank from Auto 8 for APCO25 Threshold to Manual 8

The 396 default is seting all banks as Auto 8 for the APCO25 threshold and on a analog system this will effect it..

Status
Not open for further replies.