Uniden BCD396T Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley28

Premium Subscriber
I am having a few problems with my scanner: 1) After downloading firmware to download ESN the blue backlight of my scanner now is blinking off and on, the only way to turn it off is to unplug it or take out the batteries, once plugged back in or reinstalling batteries it starts blinking again does anyone have an idea of how to fix this problem?

2) Does anyone know where to get a copy of the latest firmware update for rebanding, the one I downloaded from the uniden website seems to have a problem with opening because it is an scn file the computer has no idea how to open the file.

3) Do you have to download all previous updates before you can upload the latest update?

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix these issues.

Thanks,

Rick

Highpockets

I am having a few problems with my scanner: 1) After downloading firmware to download ESN the blue backlight of my scanner now is blinking off and on, the only way to turn it off is to unplug it or take out the batteries, once plugged back in or reinstalling batteries it starts blinking again does anyone have an idea of how to fix this problem?

2) Does anyone know where to get a copy of the latest firmware update for rebanding, the one I downloaded from the uniden website seems to have a problem with opening because it is an scn file the computer has no idea how to open the file.

3) Do you have to download all previous updates before you can upload the latest update?

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix these issues.

Thanks,

Rick

Check out this link:

BCD396TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

rmosier

To change the backlight settings:

Press "Menu" (it's the lower button on the side of the scanner"
By turning the volume knob, scroll to "Settings" and PRESS the volume knob or press the ENTER key.
Scroll to "Backlight settings" and again PRESS the volume knob or press the ENTER key.
Scroll to "SET MODE" and again PRESS the volume knob or press the ENTER key.
Select your setting by scrolling (I like mine set to "SQUELCH" that way it lights when you're receiving something).
Once you've chosen your settings press the "ENTER" key then press SCAN.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.