BCD396T/BC996T: uniden bcd396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglb

I would like to know is their any way to factory restore a bcd396t to its original firmware.just pick one up this week and did the 2- 9 and Hold button thinking that would reset it instead I loss a lot of its original firmware. when I go to program the scanner is only showing in the system type MOT-EDCS-LT and also CONVENTIONAL all the other ones are gone. before when going through the scanner there were all there. apco 25 is missing and some others I am on the latest firmware ver. 3.02.02 what I am asking is how would i get the scanner back to its original setting. Any Help Would Be Great Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You can't "reset" the scanner to change firmware version. Firmware is the application running in your scanner that defines screen layout, button behavior, etc.

All you've done is wiped all of your programming--the list of stuff you want to listen to. The programming in the scanner is NOT "original settings", it's something added after purchase based on your location and listening interests. If you didn't program the scanner, you will have to take it to whoever did, and have them reload your programming settings. Or better yet, learn how to program your scanner with your computer, so your computer has a backup copy of all your programming settings.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
My question is where are you headed with this?

Unless your scanner is really "mis-behaving", it's better to use the latest firmware version. As time goes along and scanners are used just after release bugs are found. Uniden will release new firmware to deal with those bugs. So by reverting back to original firmware, you are introducing bugs into your scanner.

Here is a link to the Uniden page describing the firmware update history. It shows those bugs that were fixed by firmware updates: BCD396TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Restoring the pre-loaded systems in the scanner may not be a good thing. This model scanner is going on 10 years old. A lot of changes have occurred with radio systems over that time. So you may end up with a scanner full of systems/frequencies that are no longer used.

kinglb

thank you both for the quick reply I went and updated the firmware via the usb cable so i'm up to date on that. now i'm reading up on how to program the scanner and get it up and going. I didn't get the manual with the scanner so I downloaded it. so between reading the manual and going through some posts I think I mite be able to figure this radio out if not i'll start another post. thanks again Guys for all your help and support

Status
Not open for further replies.