Uniden BCD396xt Cuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeanie

Recently my scanner has started to cut off parts of transmission
I'm listening too. It very frustrating to now only get bits and piece s of a broadcast.
I need help in troubleshooting this issue. I'm a newbie to scanning and had a
Friend do all my programming. He can't figure out why it cuts off.

K8LEA

smeanie:

What Clint said....

If it's just cutting out randomly, the squelch may be set too tight, too, especially if you're a little too far from the source.

I've been told (if you're monitoring only a trunking system and nothing else) to keep the squelch fully open, which keeps that out of the equation. Might be a good test to just run the trunking system for a little while that way, and then diddle the squelch to make the other channels behave.

If your other channels have PL encoding, that doesn't seem to care about the squelch setting at all, as long as it's open enough to let the signal in.

Just some random thoughts - after a year, I'm still trying to sort out my BCD396XT :D.... I've been scanning since a "scanner" was a single channel converter working with my car radio. (That was really awful.) But this is only my second digital. (The first, a BC296, was a waste of money for some reason, with just the one trunking system I wanted to monitor. Otherwise, a pretty decent radio.)

Welcome aboard, too!

Regards,

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You can have close call or priority escan enabled without cutting out.

Just make sure you use Do Not Disturb mode. This will pause the weather/priority/CC scan whenever squelch is opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.