Uniden BCD396XT in Pierce Co Need Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songcatcher

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I am new to scanning and have purchased the BCD396XT and using the Butel Arc XT Pro software. I have the usb cable and have the scanner talking with the comp now and have created my first system. The problem I am having is that I set the system up as conventional and have 2 groups, one for Pierce Co and one for Tacoma PD. I am hearing county just fine, but city not coming through at all. What I want to know is if I have to set up a separate system for county and city. Because I know TPD is trunked system and analog but it is different from the county, excluding Lakewood PD. Could someone please help me, either with a file of their own they can send me, or some instruction as to whether I am headed in the right direction or not. Also, if I want to place the longitude and latitude in, do I need to separate out the frequencies that only come through those long and lat, because when I tried it, it applied the long ad lat to all the frequencies and would not let me select each one separately, unless I need to set those frequencies in a separate group and then apply the long and lat to each. If someone is following me and can help me with this, I could really use the help. Thanks! Jackie

Songcatcher

Premium Subscriber
Resolved: I figured it out on my own. Everything working very well now. I now have Pierce County on Conventional System and Tacoma PD is part of shared law groups which I have as trunked system. Even my color coding is working great. Thank you to lowboy654 for monitoring this thread. As you can see I didn't get any offers of help, but I did get it resolved.

Songcatcher

Premium Subscriber
Thanks nickarr for your response. Actually my ARC program is alot like the program I use for my Yaesu VX8R quadband ham radio. What I finally realized was that the auto download feature in the ARC program from The RF website is where I was making my mistakes. Once I learned how to make my way around that feature I was able to access the trunked system I needed and the download and clone to my scanner went flawlessly. I have heard alot of good things about the freescan program though. Jackie

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I am very sorry that no one got back to on this, I was looking to see what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.