Uniden BCD396XT literally getting stuck on every frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinglawe

I recently used a friend's software to program my Uniden BCD396XT for three counties here in central Illinois. That was about two weeks ago, and everything was rolling along smoothly until today.

The software programmed in 8 banks of talk groups, and I locked out groups 4-8 because I don't really care about traffic from those areas. The scanner is running through banks 1-3, but it's getting stuck on a Peoria police channel. When I lock it out, the scanner simply goes to the next channel and gets stuck there. Then it gets stuck on the next frequency and the next frequency and... well, you get the idea.

Thoughts?

lost_in_maine

I recently used a friend's software to program my Uniden BCD396XT for three counties here in central Illinois. That was about two weeks ago, and everything was rolling along smoothly until today.

The software programmed in 8 banks of talk groups, and I locked out groups 4-8 because I don't really care about traffic from those areas. The scanner is running through banks 1-3, but it's getting stuck on a Peoria police channel. When I lock it out, the scanner simply goes to the next channel and gets stuck there. Then it gets stuck on the next frequency and the next frequency and... well, you get the idea.

Thoughts?

Off the top of my head.. What is your squelch set at?

JamesO

Most likely a programming/configuration problem.

Squelch should be set to 2, make sure Priority, Close Call and Weather options are all turned off.

When in doubt, reset to factory defaults then reload.

Also make sure the batteries are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.