Uniden BCD396XT & Mass State Police help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beantowncrash

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I bought the software from Scanner master, downloaded info from RR and still nothing! Why is this so hard? Can anyone point me to any online resources? Give me any information? This is driving me crazy!!!!!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually we have a few things to help get you started...the links I'm about to mention are all found here...(links are in blue)

Programming Your Uniden Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

a. Let's start with making the connection between the PC and the scanner. You need to load up drivers and set up the 396xt's port to make this happen. The 'Connecting scanners via USB' article will help - you need to use Windows Device Manager to figure out what COM port the driver allocated. This is the same port you need to use in ARC-XT

b. Don't even think about using the Uniden manual to understand the radio - the 'Easier to Read' manual is far and away better. Click on the link to get to the site homepage and select your model from the list. It also has information on how to set up the port on the 396XT...

c. Finally the Uniden DMA FAQ covers a lot of topics - including many not addressed by the Easier to Read guides.

Before you start programming, you should take the time to understand how DMA works - there are no banks - it's all systems, sites and groups. The Guide and the FAQ together will get you going. There are Excel based worksheets floating around - perhaps someone can send you one...

You might want to check on our Mass. forum and/or the Scan New England website and see if there's a MSP file for ARC-XT someone is willing to share with you. Sometimes having a working example makes the light bulb turn on.

HTH...Mike

Last edited:

divison200

Mass State Police Help

With the software you have purchased you should be able to directly access the radio reference database. Just select the heading internet and the drop down should say radio reference. Next you can enter your login infor and connect to the data base.. from there on pick the state of mass and you can select the ma state pd and select whichever troops you want to listen to, just remember to pick the sites that transmit the signals on the left and then the troops or statewide systems on the right

bhambuchen

Premium Subscriber
OK.. maybe obvious, but

Once you downloaded the freqs and talkgroups from RR, did you upload them into the radio? Don't mean to state the obvious, but sometimes its the little things that get forgotten.

NYRHKY94

Beantown:

As mentioned by Mike in his post, head on over to the Scan New England site and become a member of the forums there as well. The SNE folks are experts on the MA SP system, as well as the rest of New England. There is a downloads section on the site where programming files are shared for all brands of radios & software, including your XT. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Scanner & Receiver Programming Files - Downloads - Scan New England Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.