Uniden BCD396XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobsmith

Does the Uniden BCD396XT do PL and DPL decoding, I know it does NAC. Thanks. Also, I'm looking for a digital scanner as my area is finally starting to move away from their analog radio systems. I'm looking at the GRE500 and the Uniden BCD396XT. I've used uniden my whole scanning career since I've been 12 so, I'd like to stick with them but maybe there is something better about GRE? Thanks.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Does the Uniden BCD396XT do PL and DPL decoding, I know it does NAC. Thanks. Also, I'm looking for a digital scanner as my area is finally starting to move away from their analog radio systems. I'm looking at the GRE500 and the Uniden BCD396XT. I've used uniden my whole scanning career since I've been 12 so, I'd like to stick with them but maybe there is something better about GRE? Thanks.

BCD396XT - The RadioReference Wiki

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
<snip> but maybe there is something better about GRE? Thanks.

You might want to check in your region's forum for specific issues with specific systems and radios. I love my '396 and '996 - they work great with my local systems. Some people believe that specific radios do better than others with their systems, especially with digital systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.