Uniden BCD436 and Baltimore City Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB3VQD

I've had my BCD436 a few days a like it. I'm in Ellicott City and am monitoring Howard and Baltimore county fire and police no problem. I can't however get Baltimore City. In the Sentinel program I've setup a favorites list for Baltimore City and toggled off all other systems and I get nothing even with the squelch set to 0. I've tried loading the complete Maryland database and Baltimore City never comes up although it shows it scanning. Any help appreciated!

doctordave

Have you verified that the your Baltimore system ( in Sentinel ) truly ended up with the right frequencies and talk group data? Is the Baltimore system set to "on" in the edit profile tab so it will be enabled for BOTH scanning and for downloading? And are you sure the system is properly activated via a favorite list quick key / system quick key?

KB3VQD

Dave, yes to all your questions. I've updated the DB and firmware.I can see the list in the FL menu after downloading it. It is set to on (Select lists to monitor). If I toggle just Baltimore City on and all other lists off, I can see the radio scanning the correct frequencies for Baltimore City but I get nothing. Tried from Columbia and Ellicott City...I should hear them from such a short distance away. As I said, I'm getting Howard and Baltimore county just fine. Tried squelch at 1. I'm at a loss.

doctordave

Would consider running the radio on Balt City in ID SEARCH mode, to confirm you are getting something.....and go from there.

MacGnG

I couldn't pick up ANY city frequencies at work in the county during the day.
Tonight I'm in the city testing it out and I am picking up plenty of police and a bit of fire.

I would try testing it out in the city cause i was upset i couldn't get any city at work but its working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.